Before we start, let me tell you about mHealth.
What is mHealth?
At present, there are more than 6 billion mobile subscribers and 76% out of them are located in developed areas. mHealth is a widely used term as you all know – Mobile Health, since healthcare app development for mobile phones are playing a vital role in the health sector.
Several kinds of mHealth apps are available which help people to get their appointments done on the go, in monitoring their daily fitness status, in keeping all the tracks of their visits to doctors and locating the nearest clinics/hospitals etc.
Why go for mHealth Apps?
It’s difficult for people especially businessmen, working professionals to dedicate some time for going to the gym, periodic health check-ups or to maintain a regular diet, their health status etc.
Mobile devices are small but powerful and very handy to access; Mobiles can transform from physical to virtual world as they have the power to get all clinical health check-up reports at home. People go to clinics, visit doctors for regular health check-ups. Patients can get this information through mHealth apps
mHealth apps can build a good rapport between the patient and the Doctor. It helps in regular follow up, scheduling an appointment, maintaining records and doctors can understand the disease/problem better by getting real-time data in an attractive style instead of understanding a large sheet of graph or long sheets of their daily health status.
Popular mHealth apps are used for:
- counting calories
- gauging nutrition
- tracking workouts
- calculating body mass index
- quit smoking
These worthy efforts pale next to the potential of healthcare software development companies to aid in medical research and healthcare.
- Health Monitor: An app to monitor Health Parameters like BMI, Heart rate, Blood Pressure etc.
- RunKeeper: It uses mobile GPS to track your running & progress statistics, combines with map integration and music management.
- SportPal: It measures your distance, speed, calories burned and you can sync your data up-to your web-based profile which can be accessed anywhere, anytime.
- Sugar logs: App to monitor Parameters related to sugar level like Blood Glucose, Insulin.
- Lose it! : Name itself explains what type of app it is. Lose it! is a streamlined weight loss app for iPhone/Android or on the web. Not only it helps you to track but also provides an easy way to track calorie intake from meals.
- Sleep Bug: Have you slept via music? This app produces ambient scene sounds and music to aid in falling asleep sleeping deeply.
Let us know your views via comments below.