Mobile Application Development is the domain imparted with incredible innovations and discoveries. Mobile applications have shaped our lives in many different ways which we never imagined before. Today there is an application for everything that one can think of in different fields like banking, online shopping, digital payments, social collaboration, healthcare and much more.
The contribution of Mobile Apps in the field of Healthcare has revolutionized the way people monitor and track their daily fitness and health. There are about over 165,000 health apps which are already available on the app store and mHealth is still growing, hospitals and other relevant stakeholders have begun to engage in mHealth app development to offer patients innovative easier and convenient ways to share health-related information efficiently and engage patient better.
Built with a focus in improving the health conditions of users, these dedicated mobile apps can include a range of healthcare purposes like scheduling doctor’s appointment, online prescriptions, remote assistance and diagnosis, patient monitoring, and so on.
Why Mobile apps are getting popular in Healthcare?
In the present scenario, it is difficult for many people especially for working professionals and businessmen to dedicate their time for regular health check-ups or to maintain a regular diet, their health status, and other things.
The Mobile devices are small but are powerful and very accessible; Mobiles with the help of technology can transform from physical world to the virtual world as they have the power to get all clinical health check-up reports at their home itself. People don’t have to visit the doctor for regular health check-ups as patients can get this information via mHealth apps.
mHealth apps can help to build a good connection between the Doctor and the patient. It helps in regular follow-ups, scheduling of an appointment, maintaining records and doctors can understand the problems better by getting real-time data in an attractive style instead of going through the large sheets of graph or data of their daily health status and understanding it.
On the other hand Hospitals and doctors understand the benefits of patient engagement and mobile apps are a vital tool for engaging patients easily. So all the participants in the healthcare ecosystem want to use mobile apps more and more in their daily life.
Let’s have a look at some areas where mHealth apps has made a great impact in the healthcare industry :-
1. Better Communication & Appointment – Healthcare industry often deals with sensitive and complex data, doctors and patients can greatly benefit from taking advantage of the ever-growing mobile platform through the various medical mobile app development. It is important to have secure communication between doctors and patients which is possible through certain mobile apps. These apps helps to improve patients’ communication with doctors and the other way round even without being physically available. This helps to convey valuable information to the doctors which they need about the patient.
There are a number of patients who prefer to take an appointment online without visiting the hospitals or clinics and waiting for their turn which is beneficial for patients while also saving time of clinics and other efforts in their administrative duties. These mHealth Apps allows to book an appointment with the doctor and further doctor can access the appointment requests in his slot going through his schedule.
2. Health resks predictions – Today decision makers of healthcare can use the patients’ statistics to anticipate the health risk of a particular individual, where smart devices also helps to keep track of their ( patients ) data and this further helps in developing machine learning algorithms to forecast health risk in advance and according to possible health rish, medication and precautions can be taken.
3. Healthcare Analytics & Medical sceince- The key aspect of mHealth apps is their ability to gather and analyze patient’s health information from different smart wearables and devices. This often requires a wide range of potential attributes which can be challenging while developing the application. Today the manufacturer of every smartphone and wearable device are aware about the healthcare and are paying great attention towards it. Today devices are capable and more powerful than ever before.
Due to the use of smart devices every single day the world generates more than 2.5 million terabytes of information which can be used with Artificial Intelligence to offer much quicker and personalized healthcare solutions. Using the modern technoligies like BI and ML/AI the information (collected from large pool of actual patinets) is used for the betterment of medical scince; with better information, Doctors can make better decisions.
4. Personalized Health related Marketing – The use of smart devices for collecting statistics of patients via mHealth apps enable providers and insurance companies to get access to relevant patient data. This data can be powered with AI tools which help providers and insurance companies to run a personalized marketing campaign for different kinds of users which will also help doctors to focus on medication for their patients . This way marketing campaign will be more specific and personalized for users and will make sense to them. This allows users to hear only relevant information about the products which are relevant to them and saves the time.
You may also like reading – 13 Principles to Protect Patient Data
5. Managing health records – Manging patinet’s health record is a vitasl stepn in healtchare industry. With Mobile apps every patiient can carry their heal records. These records helps to fetch the information of the patient with just one click which saves time of doctors they are able to assist them and give them the proper amount of time as the apps are reducing their physical involvement to search for files and documents related to patient’s health history.
6. Virtual Care Givers & Remote monitoring – When we visit doctors in the hospital nurses or caregivers help in the assistance to both the doctors and patients in the same way these virtual nurses will also assist.
With the help of mhealth apps and AI technology it enables the nurses to keep analyzing the health of the patients even from a remote location and also sends alerts in case of emergency to patient and doctor at the same time. This will also reduce any delay in medication due to communication gap as the apps keep sending alerts.
7. Voice commnads- The major problems which is faced by elderly patients while using Mobile apps is that they are not much of a tech savvy which may be a problem while using healthcare apps. But now the smart devices are becoming better in understanding voice commands with the help of Artificial Intelligence, every manufacturer is emphasizing on to make their devices better in understanding the voice commands and other sounds with the help of AI algorithms. This bridges the gap and paves the way for application developers to build an app considering this so to help the old people.
There isn’t any doubt that technology is changing our daily life and its routines. And now with the advancement of technology, it is changing the way we heal. The benefits and ways in which mobile devices are helping in healthcare industry are discussed above to let you know the possibilities in this industry where mHealth apps are being useful for both doctors and patients.
There is one risk which may affect it. Using them without proper standards can lead to unsafe practices and breach of patient’s privacy. Healthcare service providers should thus implement a strategy that will help them to keep the quality of their service high while keeping patients safe and secure.